OWSD Kenya will be hosting a Regional Conference at icipe Duduville Campus, Kasarani, Nairobi, Kenya from 5th to 7th September 2018. Access the conference poster here. Access the Programme Here.
The theme of the conference is:
Theme: Women in Science, Engineering and Technology for Sustainable Development.
- Science, Technology & Innovation for development
- Climate change, global warming & environment
- Role of research and scientific community in the achievement of SDG’s
- ST&I in combating terrorism and in conflict resolution
- Implementing strategies to address science and technology issues in Africa
|Download Conference Program:
Download Conference Program
Submit any questions to: [email protected]
|Dates: 5th to 7th September 2018
|Venue: ICIPE Duduville Campus, Kasarani, Nairobi, Kenya
- Balancing career with family
- Demystifying the woman ‘boss’ syndrome
- Etiquette in communication
|Conference Registration Fees:
- East Africans: Ksh. 10,000; USD 100
- East African Students: Ksh. 4,000; USD 40
- Non East Africans: Ksh. 15,000; USD 150
- Non East Africans Students: Ksh. 10,000; USD 100
- Exhibitors: Ksh. 25,000; USD 250
The conference will focus onScience, Engineering and Technology, and the conference will be on the contribution of women in science towards Sustainable Developmentin Africa.
The specific objectives of the conference include the following:
- To share knowledge and research findings among women in science, engineering and technology
- To createa forum that will contribute to greater understanding of application of science, technology in Science, Technology &Innovation for achievement of sustainable development goals.
- To promote research collaboration, networks and linkages among women in science in Africa
- To promote mentorship for girls and women in science, engineering and technology
- To empower women in Science, Technology and Innovation with communication and life skills for their personal and career growth.
The outcomes of the conference include the following:
- Shared ideas and experiences gained in the development of a career in science as a woman.
- Partnerships and networks among women science, engineering and technology
- A deeper understanding of the challenges encountered by women in science, engineering and technology of education in Africa and ways of constructively addressing them
|Register for Conference
Registration Deadline:6th July, 2018
Submit the completed form to [email protected]
|Please find the Cancellation Policy here.